Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You can dress a pig, but he is still a pig

Did you see what the esteemed (cough, cough, dripping with sarcasm) former governor of California wore to go bike riding?
Maria's staff had these shirts made up as a joke when he and Maria left office. Someone recently gave Arnold one with 2007 (when they took over the gubernatorial mansion) crossed out and 1977 entered, the year they met I guess. The TMZ article says 1977-2011 represents the length of their relationship. Their separation was announced right after their 25th anniversary.

If my husband cheated on me for decades, I doubt he would have legs left to pedal a bicycle, but for the sake of my ramblings, let's say he did and decided to wear a T-shirt like this in public. Paparazzi doesn't follow Bill around. No one would be interested in his personal declaration except possibly our sons. If Arnold doesn't have the decency to feign embarrassment and contriteness for Maria, you'd think he could do so for their children. We don't know what Maria was like in private, but publicly she has been a class act. I don't care if she was the Wicked Witch of the West, he was the one who screwed up, literally and figuratively.

He is living proof that you can put a shirt on a pig, but he'll remain just a pig.

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I totally agree, Knitty. Can or should I say I am shocked over the T Shirt?

Xo,
Jane

Chatty Crone said...

You can't change a pig by it's cover!

Sewconsult said...

Never been a fan. I remember when he first went to live in the Gov's mansion that she and the kids did not. As sick as I am to hear of any "stars" or political person's
life, I hope Maria keeps takes the higher road and just takes all his money...not that she needs it.

We have a former friend who had an affair. I would love to have ripped his legs or anything else off of him and he wasn't even my husband!
Beckie

Rudee said...

Yes, but that's just an insult to pigs.

Knitty said...

True Rudee, I should apologize to swine for this post. I didn't think I should put in print what I was really considering calling him. ;-)

SkippyMom said...

But if you had Knitty - I bet you would've been spot on.