Friday, August 12, 2011

Not a novel, but a finished book

Part of this entry will be redundant as I just showed you a few pages of the ABC book for my grandson a few days ago. Here are all of the pages in order, beginning with the cover.


















I used images from the internet and family photos printed in a Word document because I found it easier to play with the sizing that way. The labels were also a Word document. I used my Sizzix die cutter, paper punches, colored pencils, markers, glitter glue, stickers and embellishments. It still doesn't look like I've made a dent in my stash.

The payoff came this afternoon when Grandpa and I sat down with Colton and this book for the first time. He was fascinated. He had a big smile on his face. When Grandpa asked him where Bob the Builder was, he pointed at him. This went on with other characters and items on subsequent pages.
Photobucket 
I am done playing with paper for a day or two. My knitting is looking neglected. Photobucket

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

That book needs to be kept forever!

SkippyMom said...

Holy C[w]OW! That is amazing.

This is a keepsake for sure Grandma. What an accomplishment and he is going to cherish this forever. I love how there are so many family members in there too - along with things like "remote". heehee

Be very proud of yourself. It is brilliant. :)

Can I have one? heehee

Rudee said...

I love your book. I'm sure your grandson will love it, too.

Sewconsult said...

What a wonderful work of WOVE! Sorry, LOVE!. It's a such a educational tool. I am sure it will be well worn in no time.
Beckie
(thanks for stopping by today)