Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Helpful Bloggers

Another busy couple of days lately. I feel guilty that I've read some blogs and haven't left comments, but time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'' into the future ... uh oh....where did Steve Miller come from and why is he humming in my blog?

Back to seriousness, or what passes for serious with me.

If anyone reading is new to blogs or approaching people online, I am here to tell you that the internet is full of wonderful people. Sure there are creeps, but you find them walking around everywhere, maybe even a few houses away from you. I'm not saying publish your address and invite a stranger to your home, but there are many more good, even great people, all over the world than bad. The bad ones just get the big press coverage.

Six years ago on Halloween afternoon, I met two women from a message board that was part of HGTV. We met at a restaurant for lunch. To be honest, we didn't become best friends forever from that meeting, but we enjoyed our lunch. It was good to put faces with names. If anyone was frightened, it might have been them. I wore black and had a necklace of small pumpkins and candy corn charms.

Now that I am blogging, I have asked for and received advice many times from helpful bloggers. Recently I contacted Kimberly Crawford at For the Love of Paper and asked her if she could recommend a paper cutter because the one I had left a lot to be desired. She gave me a few suggestions and I am now the happy owner of a trimmer made by Making Memories. Hopefully it will get a good workout this afternoon as I finish up Halloween projects.

If you enjoy paper crafts or would just like to see what this talented lady has done, visit her blog for inspiration and tutorials.

Gotta go now. Steve is back serenading me. It would be rude not to groove. Photobucket
We've been workin' so hard, We've been workin' so hard, Come on baby, Come on baby let's dance....

6 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

Aw, thanks! But you know that I love to help out, when I can!!
And now the Steve Miller song is in my head... :)

Sewconsult said...

I am glad that you found a good paper cutter. It's important to have the write tools for the right job. While I don't do paper crafting, I have a collection of scissors for all my sewing. I wrote a blog about them some time ago & now my sister calls me Beckie Scissorhands.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Well, if I have to have a song stuck in my head, I'm glad it's a SMB one.

There are some good kind bloggers out there! Everything I have learned, was learned from someone who was kind enough to share.

LemonyRenee' said...

You know, you're right. I've only been blogging for a few months, but I have run across nothing but extremely kind people.

Sewconsult said...

I can't believe that I used write for right in my earlier comment. Where was my head? Evidently my fingers were on auto-pilot.
Beckie

Blondie's Journal said...

Nice to hear from you, Knitty!! Love your music, er...singing, humming...whatever!!

Happy Halloween!!

xoxo
Janie