Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new scarf

One post fulfilling two memes!

Click on the logo at the left to visit our host at Lit and Laundry and see who else is participating today.
Click on the logo at the right to visit Expressly Corgi and see who else managed to Get R Done.

I had two skeins of Louisa Harding's Kashmir Baby yarn and no idea what to do with it. It feels soft and drapes beautifully, but two skeins of 143 yds each wasn't going to get me anything of great size. I found this pattern in a book of afghan patterns and picked out only the pattern repeat that I wanted to use to create this scarf. The scarf is 32 stitches wide with a 20 row repeat.
Taking a photo of yourself by holding a camera toward a mirror leaves a lot to be desired.

A nice feature of this scarf is that it looks the same from either side. When there is a definite "wrong" side to a garment or afghan, I become a fuss budget trying to keep it arranged so that the right side shows. Much harder to do on a scarf than on an afghan!

I have a sock to finish knitting to complete a pair, and am still working on a surprise project. My good news is that all of this knitting hasn't worsened my eyesight. I did get a new pair of glasses after my eye exam today, just because my other frames were so old, I couldn't remember when I got them.

Since I decapitated myself in the first picture with the scarf, I decided to sit down and use the webcam to take a photo.
I hope everyone has a glorious weekend. If you live in an area with excess warmth, please send some to me in Michigan. We are going to an outdoor party tomorrow night, an Oktoberfest celebration, and this scarf isn't going to be enough to keep me warm. Long johns, a heavy sweater, and gloves will be in order and I will sit close to the campfire. I am a weather wimp.

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well, happy fall to you too.

Thanks for your comment on my BLog. I like yours too!

I can't believe how much talent is out there in the world! I don't really have too many craft talents at all. I just kind of ramble. Classy Chassy spurs me on once in awhile.

You're work is outstanding.

I used to have a sewing machine - got rid of it - now I am asking for one for Christmas - a simple one. So we'll see what I remember.

Nice meeting you.

SmilingSally said...

With those sweet dimples, you should never decapitate yourself! I like your scarf, and will TRY to shoo some warm Florida sunshine your way.

Angela said...

Love your new scarf! You did a great job on it! It is raining here in WV so I don't think you would want that for your big party tomorrow. I would rather cold weather over raining and cold weather!

Get R Done Friday!
Angela

Barbara Jean said...

That scarf turned out really nice.
It's a lovely pattern.

Glad you did a pic of you, your whole top self i mean. =0))

Thanks for coming by.
I'm having a lot of fun with my crow creations. So nice others are liking them too.

blessings and have a great weekend.

Barbara jean

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for joining in on GET R DONE FRIDAY!~ We were gone to Traverse City for the weekend so I didn't get to see/comment on your post. The scarf looks great, and so do you, now that you have your head on again! Hope you can join in again this week!