Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Haunting!

Tonight I will be seeing my four great nephews and nieces. It is unlikely I will see them at the same before Halloween, so I am taking the three oldest ones their surprise tonight. The fourth great nephew is only a few weeks old. I bought these felted buckets at Michaels last year, after Halloween when they were heavily discounted.
A trip to the Christmas Tree Store and a few things from Joann's filled each bucket with a coloring book, wooden disks to color with magnets on the back, a slide whistle, ghost shaped Peeps, a Pez dispenser and two strands of plastic bone necklaces and a strand each of black and orange Mardi Gras style beads. I made the cards this morning using Bo Bunny Halloween papers and stickers on cardstock that is black on one side and green, purple or orange on the other. Inside each card is this poem that I found on the internet:
Last night I took a strip of the black and purple paper and folded it into unequal thirds to fit inside this 6" domed pedestal server. The ghost, skeleton, pumpkin and word "Boo!" are Sizzix diecuts. The spiderweb paper is flocked paper. I love the little skeleton but I mucked up (a highly technical crafting term) the paper with glue, so I added even more glue and ultra fine glitter to that panel.

I plan to add some shredded black paper to the bottom and maybe a cob web of white over the top of the paper.

I am still cloche-less, but I couldn't pass this server at the Christmas Tree Store. It is 10" high including the knob. The dome is roughly 6.5" tall bottom to knob. The plate is 6" across. I think this will get a lot of use as I have lots of little dust catchers and plenty of paper.

2 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

Those are GREAT Halloween buckets!!!

Chatty Crone said...

That is such a great idea for the kids.