Friday, October 2, 2009

Finished for Friday: Watercolor



Oddly enough, despite my protests about time flying and all that, here it is Friday again. Doesn't anyone listen to my complaints?

Good thing we have Finished for Friday to spur us on. Click on the logo at the left to visit Lit and Laundry for more Friday posts.

I am taking a break from showing craft tools (and explaining my addictions) to show you what I had finished last week but was unable to show here. It was a gift for a friend and I didn't want her to see it here before it was in her hands.

I didn't make the pumpkin or embroider the towels, but the painting is my work. Unfortunately, I didn't think to photograph it before framing so there is a glare because of the glass.
This is the best I could do regarding a close up.
I have a love/hate relationship with watercolors. I hate when I can't achieve on paper what I have in mind, but I love it when I come close.

I'll be back the beginning of the week with more posts about craft tools. Taking pictures of them is helping get organized for projects that need to be done by that big holiday in December.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Knitty, lately, every time you post, I find myself amazed at the new talent I see. That's a terrific painting! Your friend is fortunate.

Alisa said...

That is gorgeous! The colors are just perfect. Great job!

Threeundertwo said...

What a lucky friend! I love that painting.

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, I am always amazed with multi-talented people. The only thing I could beat you at is paper crafting and beading stuff. You don't even want to see what I have stashed. It's a good thing I never got into crochet,painting,and quilt making. I could really use a 20X40 craft room. Lovely painting for a very lucky person. Job well done. Love and Hugs, Pat
ps. I have dial up, so when I visit a blog, I leave the computer for a bit until everything loads---guess it's better than nothing.

Knitty said...

Thank you all for the kind words. :)