Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turkeys before Santas

I admit to having the urge to start decorating for Christmas, especially after seeing so many lovely displays in blogland, but I can't possibly bring out Santas and trees until after Thanksgiving. My turkeys and pilgrims would be incensed! If you move your cursor over the slideshow, you can stop it and advance pictures one by one.

*Note* I have changed the template to my blog since originally posting this slideshow. To view the pictures in their full width, please click on View All Images.



The glass shelves are in a niche between my living room and kitchen. The buildings on them are from Brandywine . The majority of wood, resin or ceramic turkeys are a piece of furniture that was my mom's, something we have always called the room divider. The base is a cabinet that holds (hides?) stuff, and the shelves display cobalt glassware, framed photos, or holiday items depending on the season or my whim. The stuffed (non edible stuffing!) turkeys are in the two bay windows of our family room. Little kids (and me!) love to squeeze the small turkey that gobbles or the one in the straw hat that sings Turkey in the Straw over and over. And over.

The best turkey of all will be the one at my sister-in-law's house this year because I WON'T BE COOKING IT!

3 comments:

Picket said...

Hey girl...enjoyed looking at all your turkeys! lol Thanksgiving will be here before we know it...I can't wait...all my family will be here except for 2 of the neices and their family...we'll get to see them for Christmas! Thanks for coming by gril and I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

andrea said...

I didn't decorate for Thanksgiving because we'll be spending it up north with my Dad and Mom. My job this year will be to "assist" with the dinner...and I'm just fine with that :)

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Toasting your decision to keep Thanksgiving & Christmas separate! Me too! ;o)