Monday, November 24, 2008

Blues for a bedroom

Here we are at the last Monday in November already. How did that happen? Today's subject is one of my works in progress, transforming my son's room into a guest room. I've spent so much time working on things for his house and on Christmas projects, this room was sitting neglected. It is far from finished, but at least it no longer looks like a cell with only a bare bed in it. There is furniture to the right of where I stood while taking this picture. The dark thing in the lower left is the top of a TV.

The batteries in my camera are dying and I rushed these shots to make this post. Hopefully within a few months I will have this room looking as pictured in my mind and new photos will make a more interesting Blue Monday. I have one more pillow in mind, a bolster, made in the rose print.


Here is a closeup of the valance with a more accurate showing of the fabric colors.


I'd love to keep working on this room, but I need to concentrate on holiday projects before coming back here. We don't really need a guest room, and now we have two, both with twin beds in them. I am being optimistic that there are daughters-in-law and grandchildren in my future, and one day a grandchild may nap either on this bed or in a crib placed in this room.

A girl can always dream, right?

For more Blue Monday posts, please visit Smiling Sally.

20 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Such pretty pillows and fabrics! And something tells me you will have some special people filling up that room before you know it. Thank you for sharing this. I know about camera batteries. Mine is the worst, but I'm thankful I have it.

Have a Happy Blue Monday!

XO,

Sheila

SmilingSally said...

I really like the way you've taken three different patterns and put them together to get a custom look. Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Knitty,
What a nice visual picture to carry in your mind of grandchildren occupying the room. Decorated with touches of love. They will feel it.

jlshall said...

Looks like a very pretty room already, even if it is "in progress". We live in a small one-bedroom condo, so the thought of having extra rooms for guests sounds wonderful to me. Have a great Monday!

Katie said...

Good Morning and Happy Blue Monday! I love your blog! I can tell that room is going to be so nice when it' finished. Well, it's nice now. This is my first Blue Monday, how fun this is!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely! I love the combination of fabrics.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Blue is a lovely color for a bedroom in my opinion! You will enjoy decorating it!

Diane

Anonymous said...

You chose some pretty fabrics for your room transformation. Looks like you are on your way to a sweet looking room

Sweetie said...

I love your pillows and the valance. The colors are very nice. You really have a very good start. The room looks nice enough for guests now. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Anonymous said...

Fun combination you chose for the pillows to go with the valence. I like it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Coloradolady said...

Love the fabrics....I want to redo my daughters room, she is away at college....but my husband says no. I don't know, I think I might make that transition next year....It can still be her room, just with a twist! Have a great week.

Salmagundi said...

Hold on to your dreams! Someday you will be blessed with grandchildren, and you will wonder how you ever managed without them!! The room is looking good. Sally

Carrie said...

Beautiful blue fabrics in the pillows and the window treatment.

Anonymous said...

The valance and pillows are lovely. I like all your turkeys in the post below too.
Have a great Thanksgiving. Then out can come the Santas.
Charlotte

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Nice room and love those curtains! Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Those are great fabrics. I know one day it will look great!

Anonymous said...

Knittty, I think the room is already lovely. I know you have a vision and when you have time the room will even look more lovely. be sure and share the finished room sometime.

Hugs...Jeanne

Patty said...

I love the material you used on the valance! Now I want to re-do my bedroom in blue.

the author said...

I love the color scheme! And if you don't fill those guest rooms soon with future mini-Knittys, well then you'll have room for all your Blog Buddies to come crash :)

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I love that sahde of blue on the walls. I'm not usually a blue fan but I would LOVE to have a room in that robin's egg blue. I'll send up lots of strong, positive energy on your grandmother wishes Knitty...you'll make such a enat grandmother.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!