Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fine art? No, just some humorous truth

This past week I purged my magazine basket and a shelf that had an overload of craft and cooking magazines. Craft ideas are filed by type of craft in folders in a cabinet, recipes go into page protectors in a binder. I am more likely to get back to things this way than trying to remember which magazine had the recipe or wonder why I am saving a knitting magazine with the ugly sweater on the cover.

I don't often buy Mary Englebreit's magazine, but I do love her illustrations. I saved this page, mounted it first on black paper to hide the print on the other side of the page, then onto the checked paper, yellow and black again. Even though I love a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, there comes a point in fixing a huge meal for a crowd where the look on this lady's face is all too familiar to most of us.


Happy weekend wishes to everyone.

2 comments:

the author said...

Haha! Cute cute, Knitty!

Anonymous said...

I love Mary E. and turkey schmirkey says it all! Dana