Monday, June 11, 2012

Wanna play with finger puppets?

I finally got around to watching all three episodes of The Hatfields and the McCoys Saturday night. We recorded if from a History Channel marathon last weekend. It was good but 6 hours of TV, even with forwarding through commercials, is a lot of TV in one sitting.

I seldom give TV my full attention unless something very compelling is on. Saturday was no exception, but instead of knitting, I did some hand sewing. I made finger puppets.

I didn't have a pattern but I did use some online images for inspiration. The cow and pig in the center of the bottom row were the first two. I decided to make the puppets a bit wider so that hubby or my sons could use these to entertain Colton.

You never know when a stage production might need immediate casting! The top row is supposed to be Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger. Colton got that which is all that mattered in my world.

I have a few more animals in mind and maybe a clown and a few people. Next I'll have to work on a screenplay. I'd hate to see these fine young actors languish in a toy box or lined up on the wrong side of a table runner as shown above.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

Adorable. And of course those are the Winnie the Pooh gang. I especially like Piglet. :)