Saturday, May 1, 2010

Things to Ponder

I had an idea for a blog post, but the sound isn't working on my computer (this story of computer woe is never ending, isn't it?) so that is tabled for a while. I don't think I have ever needed links to music in a post before. Why now? Am I subliminally doing this?

The computer tech spent at least 90 minutes with me yesterday on the phone and using GoToMeeting (dot) com in attempts to fix things left hanging when he returned the computer earlier this week. A few were simple fixes, but the sound driver problem has yet to be resolved. Have you ever used Go To Meeting? He set it up, I signed on, entered my info and the meeting ID he provided and then I gave him permission to view my screen and take over my keyboard and mouse. We've done this before but it still amazes and amuses me to see my screen changing at someone else's command.

I am still catching up on work that I had piled up during my computer's absence. I don't feel retired at all at the moment! Our oldest son, also known as Colton's daddy, is researching family trees for all four of Colton's grandparents. Colton doesn't seem to care yet, but he may someday when he is older than 8 weeks (today is that milestone!) old. Going through the info that I've collected has kept me busy the past few days and I've wandered down many memory lanes looking at photos and thinking about events long forgotten.

Hopefully Monday will bring resolution to the sound driver issue and I can get on with what I was going to post. Meanwhile, this came in an email and made me smile.


Here are some things to ponder....
  
1.  I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
 
2.  Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
 
3.  I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
 
4.  There is great need for a sarcasm font.
 
5.  How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
 
6.  Was learning cursive really necessary?
 
7.  Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5.  I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
 
8.  Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
 
9.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
 
10.  Bad decisions make good stories.
 
11.  You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
 
12.  Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray?   I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
 
13.  I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
 
14.  "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.
 
15.  I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
 
16.  I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
 
17.  I keep some people's phone numbers in my pho ne just so I know not to answer when they call.
 
18.  My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the heck do I respond to that?
 
19.  I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
 
20.  I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I have been wondering where you have been! I hope your computer woes end soon.

I love this post. I totally identify with the fitted sheet and nap thing!

xoxo
Jane

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Oh, you got some funny stuff posted today, music or no music!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree too with the fitted sheet - there is a way according to Martha Stewart. And the nap thing - why do we fight it so when we are young?

Love these 20 thoughts.

sandie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Those make me chuckle~ Especially the fitted sheet and taking back the nap things. I can so relate!
Cindy

ClassyChassy said...

This is a great post - and you brought me a smile today! Bless yer heart!