Monday, May 17, 2010

How the fairy tale really ends....

I am at the cottage and should be cleaning. Hmmm, not exactly feeling like a princess here which leads to today's post. Did we all buy into the Happily Ever After endings in all the fairy tales we read as kids? Worse yet, did we perpetuate these falsehoods by reading them to our daughters, nieces and grandchildren? Oh the shame! Photobucket

On to the revealing photos of how the fairy tales really end. View them and weep.

Cinderella
Photobucket

Snow White
Photobucket

Little Red Riding Hood
Photobucket
 
Sleeping Beauty
Photobucket
 
Belle (from Beauty and the Beast)
Photobucket
 
And perhaps the saddest, scariest of all, 
The Little Mermaid
Photobucket


Does anyone know of a story where the heroine is over fifty, overweight, overwrought and overtired? No? Come watch me clean and write about me. Give my story a happy ending and please, please, please write in some magic where this cleaning gets done by elves or fairies or maybe an all male cleaning crew that worships older women.  I love a happy ending, don't you?

Photobucket Photobucket 1sm352sweep Pictures, Images and Photos SMILEY CLEANING TOILET Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh this is one of the best blog stories I've ever seen - wish I would have found them first. Dang.

Oh well, isn't it the truth? All girls, including me, and my daughter, have this fairytale illusion!

Trouble is it doesn't really exist! And time does march on!

I love this.

sandie

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I wish I could think up a way to have a happy ending but I don't know that it's possible in any culture -- women worldwide get stuck with cleaning up other people's dirt, for love or for a pittance. Even if they can afford to hire ANOTHER woman to clean up, somehow it is their responsibility.

The "unhappily ever after" pictures were a scream!

Anonymous said...

LOL... I love this post. It's the reason why I live so simply. Women always seem to make life so difficult for themselves. We go out to work and yet kill ourselves at home. We plan events and pile on tons of extra work but when it's all said and done we are still scrubbing those darn toilets. Great post! I loved it. Do women ever really retire? I don't think so......