Sunday, May 2, 2010

I feel so honored!

Sandie from Chatty Crone bestowed this honor on 10 of her followers including yours truly. I am so happy to have found Sandie and her blog. Often when I am reading her blog I think "wow, so I'm not the only one who feels this way" and I always enjoy her humor and her celebrity bios on their birthdays.


The rules that go with this award state that you are to say something nice about the person who gave you the award, copy and paste the award to your blog, and pass the award on to 10 people after you've revealed ten things about yourself that others may not know. 

10 you may not know about me:

1.  I am addicted to coffee yogurt. I would be addicted to coffee ice cream too, but I only allow that as a special treat. I justify my daily Dannon fix by saying that yogurt is healthy and good for me. 

2.  I am good at remembering trivia but can't tell you how much is in the check book an hour after writing a check. 

3.  I was so happy and excited at my wedding that I didn't realize we were running a little late once inside the church. I didn't cry at my wedding, but have teared up at every wedding since.

4.  I've been to a few psychics over the years, always with an open mind but thinking of the readings as entertainment. There was never anything frightening about the readings, nothing that made me change my life but many things have happened as described, even predictions I'd forgotten about!

5.  I like to try new foods. The only thing I've tried and wouldn't care to eat again is calamari. 

6.  I think the world would be better if we learned about and respected our differences but concentrated on what makes us alike. I've left churches and other organizations who are so hard line about their beliefs or political platforms that they left no room for others to coexist.

7.  Modern sitcoms where the lead characters never learn from their mistakes annoy me, but I love I Love Lucy and the Roadrunner cartoons. That is a big contradiction!

8. My life is simple. In matters that were within my control, I only have one regret. I threw away a big tin of buttons that were my mom's and grandmother's, all because I hated how cluttered the closet was becoming. The buttons held many memories. It isn't bad to have only one regret though.

9.  Sometimes I look at my husband and feel like I am falling in love all over again. He is such a good man and from what others say, I know it isn't just my bias saying that. I am lucky that I showed up at a bar 38 years ago to hear a friend sing and turned around in the parking lot to hear the lame pick up line that Bill was delivering. 

10. I was a late bloomer. I only had one long lasting friendship as a child (she is still in my life since kindergarten days 50+ years ago!) but now have many wonderful friends around my home, at the cottage, through work and through marriage. My sister-in-law Beth and I have been friends through thick and thin. Or thin, thicker and thickest if we're talking about our waists! And the biggest surprise to me in this past decade has been internet friends.  I may never meet most of you, but I know more about many of you than some women know about long standing next door neighbors. 

And now for the rule that I couldn't follow...I couldn't name 10 bloggers upon which to share this award. Many of my favorite bloggers are blog and tag free now, and I respect their wishes. Please feel free to adopt this award as your own. It is a fun challenge to write 10 things about yourself. Whether you play along or not, if you've never visited Chatty Crone please visit Sandie and make yourself a new friend.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Well you are so sweet - but that is probably why I like you so much to begin with!

Hmm - coffee yogurt. I'm so glad you are still so much in love with your hubby. I loved I Love Lucy. And yes we should learn to coexist more and not pust people to believe exactly what we believe.

And one regret - you are blessed.

Love,
sandie