Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful for eyeglasses

I need to be brief this morning which is very hard for me. Why use one word when six or seven are more colorful and fun?

One of the things that I am thankful for every single day is my sight, and since my eyes no longer have perfect vision, I am very thankful for eyeglasses. I can see the people I love clearly. I can come here to read and post. I can see my books, both instructional and fun fiction. Glasses enable me to sew, knit, paint, do beading, make cards, play cards, watch TV and rearrange decorations throughout the house.

The only downside that I can think of is that I can see dustbunnies with them on. Oh well, the good they do outweighs this.

Hand them over Teddy. I have a lot to do today and need to be out of the house in 15 minutes.

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I hear you!! I am also thankful for my hearing aids (I have a degenerative hearing loss). Everything is so muted without them. There is a volume button on them too, so...when my kids start to argue, down goes the volume and I go about my business happily!!

Have a great day, Knitty! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of your thankful posts. We are all blessed to live in a time when we have glasses and hearing aids. I think what it must have been like before those two great inventions. I'm thankful for my glasses too.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Glasses are wonderful but they do bring into view the dust bunnies and sometimes in my home dust piggies!