The big news this week is that Kim and Chuck have keys to their new house! The closing was Monday afternoon and the first carload of boxes from the apartment moved into the house yesterday. I was going to try to sneak one of our office supply boxes into their house just to be done with it, but Kim is young and organized. Her boxes are neatly labeled. Mine aren't labeled at all and look like the contents of 6 desk drawers have been dumped in them. She would notice the alien box right away.
Today I am thankful for God's sense of humor. He knew I had been thinking I need to move more (exercise) but wasn't getting anywhere just thinking about it. This is when God presented me with November.
"Yo, Knitty!" He said, "I tried gettin ya to rap but you just weren't gettin down. Saran Wrap wasn't what I meant at all. Now I know you be gettin old. I know exactly how old you be. Remember I was the one who put the twinkle in your daddy's eye.
Ahem. Perhaps I should speak to you plainly and simply. Here are my commandments for you for the month of November.
1) Thou shall help thy husband close up his business. Boxes will be your friend and dust your constant companion. No whining over a few broken fingernails.
2) Thou shall be excited over the new house and will help the kids as much as possible. Moving them moves you, ya know. I call this a win win situation.
3) Thou shall cook Thanksgiving dinner this year for 18 people. Fourteen Combo #5 and three Happy Meals do not make Thanksgiving dinner, so suck it up (and suck in your gut) and go forth and grocery shop. Then chop. And stuff. And all that other kitcheny chef-y rigmarole.
4) Thou shall keep attending your knitting sessions. You know they are cheaper than counseling and those women will talk about you if you don't show up!
5) Thou shall have at least one social engagement each weekend and at least one per M-F throughout the month. Doctor's appointments aren't social engagements, but you need to remember them too. Remembering is mental exercise.
6) Knowing thou worketh
God paused here because my eyes were glazing over. He patted my hand, smiled and said "I bet you can't wait to see what I have lined up for December!"
Friends, I do believe I will have logged a million steps by the end of the month and lost weight from eating on the run. Not fast food, actually running while eating!
If I miss a few days (two, so far) posting this month, talk to HIM about it. Just be careful how you word things. He may have commandments for you too!
In closing, I hope you enjoy this clip. The lady is 92 years old and the gentleman is her 29 year old grandson. She doesn't seem to have any trouble moving at all!