Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More Halloween and Fall decor today

Until I get a new project ready to post, here are more photos.

A narrow wall across from the front door holds this greeting


More of the glass shelves in the niche


And beneath the shelves, this trio was made by a friend


Between the small quilts I've made and the ones that have been given to me, we are running out of room. I normally don't have small quilts on chairs, but since the chairs match, this seemed like a logical place to show two leaf quilts


Hanging in the bathroom


This witch hangs off a curtain rod. It was offered from Avon a long time ago. I think it was 32 years ago that I sold Avon. Yikes! Talk about scary.....


The little table on my landing has a wooden jack o'lantern that I painted a few years ago.


Scarecrow plant stakes. I'm including this picture just to prove that I have a few old plants. Once upon a time, all plants were short lived around here.


Here is a fabric basket that a friend gave to me a few years ago. When you untie the corners, the basket goes flat. I wish she'd make me slacks like that. I could use some flattening.


This bowl was a gift this year (see Surprises ) It shouldn't be full of candy this early in the season. You know that candy won't last until Halloween!


This little quilt is about the size of a potholder


This one will go on the wall hanger when I take down the scarecrow Welcome. Until then, the illuminated white ceramic pumpkin sits on it.


And lastly, this one has nothing to do with fall or Halloween, but the pups wanted their picture taken before they are put away for a few months. This is wool felt. What a dream for hand stitching!

1 comment:

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, one of my favorite things to do is peer into others homes-lol. I just love seeing what other people enjoy collecting. My decorations are still child like and until I get my bedroom back, I can't decorate anything new. With 2 hurricanes back to back, it has been put on the back burner. And I thought I would have a white tree filled with pretty pink stuff this year. Love all your things. Love and hugs, Pat