Saturday, November 24, 2012

Nuts!

Are the holidays making you nuts yet?

Did shopping on Black Friday drive you nuts or were you like me and didn't venture out among them (them, being those...you know...nuts)?

Has decorating for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever your December holiday is started yet and either made you crazy with tangled light strands or crazed because it past Black Friday Thanksgiving and you haven't decorated yet? You slackers!

Did your dryer stop working the day before the holiday, leaving you with a load of wet towels? That would have made me nuts but fortunately both sons live nearby and the one who was here when I had my conniption fit stated the problem took the load home to dry at his house.

I haven't done any shopping yet, the projects that will become gifts aren't complete yet, the dryer has been repaired, and you know what? If you don't listen to advertisers, it isn't time to panic yet. Ahhhh.....

Take a breather and watch this

It has nothing to do with holiday madness but might make you smile. If nothing else, it is a short trip down movie (and some TV) memory lane.

If you still feel nuts, or want to hint to someone else that they are nuts, or just need an easy, edible nutty treat, make these as I did for Black Friday Eve, a.k.a. Thanksgiving.

They are cute by themselves, a tasty bite sized combo of peanut butter and chocolate.

And they looked cute surrounding a chocolate Bundt cake.

If you don't follow Pinterest and therefore haven't seen them 173 times, they are made with Nutter Butter Bites (cookies that come in a bag), Hershey Kisses and mini chocolate chips and a bit of melted chocolate to hold the Kiss and chip onto the cookie.
 
Hubby is talking about getting the Christmas stuff down from the attic this afternoon. Maybe I spoke too early about not feeling nuts yet. I need to turn on some tunes and get into the spirit, Gangnam style...talk about nuts!!!

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Did you get your decorations down and up? liked the ballerina. And the nuts with chocolate. Yum. sandie

Rudee said...

Nope. Not nuts yet, but I've not received an objective opinion about my mental state. I hung around the shanty Friday after cooking for 10 hours on Thursday and woke up to go to work at 4:45 Saturday morning. After putting in another ten hour day yesterday, not much else got done. I don't think today bodes well for the holiday spirit. I'm pooped.

Those little acorns are adorable. I might make them for my daughter. She loves peanut butter and chocolate.

Sewconsult said...

Just stopping by to say hi. I am spending most of my waking hours beside my mother. She has stabilized, but not improving. I have blocked readers from my blog for the time being as I have some German site, that I don't trust, that has been sending readers.

Hope things are going well in your household and not going too nutty.
Hugs,
Beckie