Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas cards (and a cowboy vest)

I started card making too late in the season to make cards for everyone on my list this year, but hopefully that won't be the case this coming December. I did make a dozen or so of one card this year, and two of another style.

The first card used Tim Holtz Sizzix SNOW FLURRIES & SNOWMAN Texture Fades Embossing Folders 656944 for the white background (the snowflake folder) and the candy cane is from Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Christmas Set #6 (655522)
The candy canes were colored with Copic markers and embellished with a bit of Stickles glitter glue.
I really enjoy coloring, so the time spent on these was not a problem.

The other cards were made for my once-a-month dinner buddies. The Santa is Sizzix Die 380233.
The white glitter paper was from two different sources and weren't the same white, so Santa's beard and eyebrows were cut from one, the hat trim and his mustache from another.
Reversing the images wasn't planned...that was an oops when it came to cutting the glitter paper.

There isn't much to say about the cowboy vest I made for my grandson, so I am just tossing that in here with the cards. I used felt that I bought when making the play house which made the project super easy. No lining, no stabilizing, no hemming and no finishing seams!
The Prince of Sweetness showed no interest in it Christmas morning, but then again, what little boy cares about clothes when there are presents to open and one of them is a horse!

Time to saddle up my imaginary horse (it has short legs which is good since I am afraid of heights!) and get busy on a new craft.

No comments: