Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

Does Halloween scare you? After the storm, surely some trick or treaters are not frightening, right?

Photobucket

What about the upcoming election? I'm not asking your political preference but are you feeling some degree of angst over the anger some are displaying while supporting their candidates and causes? The anger I feel is toward the never-ending phone calls lately. So much for the Do Not Call list. Yesterday I had 5 in a row, all with a different area code. Michigan doesn't have the early voting option. If you live in a state that does, are the frantic campaign and opinion polling calls still reaching you?
Photobucket
So what does scare me? Hmmm, I don't like spiders and snakes (don't worry, I'm not going to segue into that song, but feel free to listen to it here ) but they don't truly scare me. They might startle me and I do prefer someone else remove them. My list of things that scare me include heights, falling from heights (anything over the third rung of a ladder applies), freezing to death (sad, but true) and some drivers who shouldn't be allowed in public on a tricycle, much less behind the wheel of an automobile.
Photobucket
Less frightening but a wee bit scary is how quickly the days zip by lately. How did it get to be Halloween already? Thanksgiving is three weeks from tomorrow! Dinner is here with between 20-25 people. Yikes! That is scary!

Photobucket
Other than grocery stores featuring sales on turkeys and pumpkin pies, Thanksgiving will barely get a nod in the marketplace. Christmas is a much bigger money maker so it needs to be pushed. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but not the marketing of it. That isn't scary though, just annoying.

I'm hoping tonight's weather doesn't prevent the little trick or treaters from enjoying the night. Hubby and I will see Colton before he sets off in his neighborhood.  That, as Martha would say, is a good thing.
Photobucket
To view my greeting to everyone, courtesy of Jaquie Lawson,  Click here!

Photobucket

2 comments:

LoLy said...

Love Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens :D
I have a new post , plz come by :D

XoXo
http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

Rudee said...

Apparently, the Do Not Call list does not apply to political polling. Next time, play the game to entertain yourself. Give opposite answers to what they ask and tell them you're undecided. It's fun.

I admit...IT'S ME SKEWING ALL OF THOSE RESULTS!