Saturday, October 27, 2012

Vanishing days

Gosh, we don't undergo the time change back to standard time until next Sunday but I've been running out of daylight for weeks. I'll be ready for bed at 7:30 when the time changes!

Still no clear pictures of my son's friend in her full costume. I took this one from Facebook and cropped the other people out of it.
In other non-essential news (it has been that type of week, busy but not newsworthy), we had Colton here last night while his parents were at a wedding rehearsal and the dinner that followed, and today we have him overnight while the wedding and reception take place.

Earlier today he and I were watching Boomerang, a station that shows old cartoons. Periodically between commercials they have a sing a-long, follow the bouncing ball style, of old cartoon theme songs. I sang along to The Flintstones (a favorite of mine) but when it came to The Banana Splits, he turned to me with his hand up and said "No! No! No!".  His expression resembled the driver in this photo. Thank goodness he didn't have an accomplice like the one in the back seat!
This sweet child dearly loves carbs. Last night's dinner was a chicken casserole with hidden mushrooms (I don't think he recognizes them), carrots and celery, baked with biscuits on top. He wanted the biscuits, not so much the other stuff. He is good about many meats, but apparently not a casserole fan. Grandpa and I carefully arranged spoonfuls (easier than forks) of biscuit with chicken and veggies hidden underneath. I don't remember my kids being picky at this age but hey, I've slept since then and had a few birthdays. My memory could be playing tricks on me. I still think I'm 30-something and am surprised at the person who greets me in the mirror in the every morning.

Hopefully I'll be back in a day or two with something creative to share. Until then, stay warm if you're in the midwest; dry if you're on the eastern seaboard; root for the Detroit Tigers and eat your veggies.



3 comments:

Sewconsult said...

I would have loved your casserole. I love something like chicken pot pie and use to make it all the time when hubby was working and gone all week. He doesn't like casseroles, unless they are side dishes and really prefers them seldom!
Beckie

Rudee said...

Maybe Colton is my soul mate and it's the chicken that's the problem. If that's the case, who can blame him?

I've never met anyone who hates carbs. I've met plenty who can't eat them, but that doesn't mean they don't love them!

michelle said...

Sorry about the Tigers losing.