Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another shawl ~ shawlette


I've made another small shawl (shawlette?), the pattern is called Cameo. Here are the photos from the pattern:
Mine isn't as long in the back, or maybe the model is just much shorter. I didn't want a stark contrast in yarns and wasn't finding shades that I liked within the same yarn line. I chose a solid yarn, Plymouth's Happy Feet, color #1071 and Claudia's Hand Painted Yarn, the color name is Midnight. Here is my shawl:
The hand dyed yarn should get softer after it has been washed. It will be fine for this use even if it doesn't. If I were to make this again, I would probably use one color throughout and would use Happy Feet. I like the feel of that yarn in this project.
I ran out of the solid yarn and had to order more. The lace edge at the bottom of the photo should have been twice as deep, but I ran out of that yarn too. There was no gauge to this pattern but I started out with the yarn weight and yardage the author mentioned. We must knit very differently.  A few yards short would be one thing, but I was short by a lot.  Good thing it wasn't a sweater or socks where fit was important!

Socks are on my knitting needles now and I have a mohair-silk blend that wants to become a short scarf. If you are wondering how I know what it wants to become, it is simple. It told me. Put that giant butterfly net down and stop chasing me! I'm not the only one who hears and speaks yarn. If you still don't believe me, would someone make these tee-shirts if it were not so?

2 comments:

Rudee said...

It's beautiful! I like the subtle color changes.

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE THAT!!!!