Monday, August 6, 2012

Fingerless gloves, done!

Aren't you glad my fingerless gloves are done? I mean the temps have been in the 90s for so long, once they dip into the 70s again, we'll probably suffer frostbite!

They wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't had a dozen or so interruptions and a fit of pique that ended in blood on the previous right hand glove (which no longer exists).
The pattern is Serpentine Mitts by Miriam Felton (click the link to access the pattern). I used Frog Tree Pediboo sock yarn, color 1138. I think I could have gotten two pair out of one skein (100 g/255 yds) without the bloody accident.

I enjoyed the pattern and the yarn, and will probably make a pair for myself at some point. They look teeny, tiny, narrow but stretch to a comfortable fit.
I had doubts about the palms being ribbed at first, but I don't think this is going to feel odd and it should help keep them in shape.

Now to decide what should go on my needles next....

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Those look awesome - I love them -perfect for weather here in GA -lol.

sandie

Sewconsult said...

Love the color! I think it would be nice to have those for driving in the winter. Still have your dexterity, but hands warm. My younger daughter and sister have Raynaud's which affects the blood circulation in the hands. (can be feet, too). I gave my daughter a pair of commercially made fingerless gloves to wear around the house in the winter. It seems to help.
Beckie

Rudee said...

They're lovely!