Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mission control, do you read me?

I don't actually have much to say this morning and am pressed for time to say nothing anyway. I need to clean the home office well and get the rest of the house straightened up before this evening, and I will be gone part of the afternoon. No, we're not having a Superbowl party, it is something much bigger. The guy who works his magic with our computers is coming over tonight as we make some major behind the scenes changes.

If any of you email me directly rather than posting a comment here on blogger, please hold off for a day or two. We are switching servers and might be unavailable for 12-24 hours. I think that means that anything I would normally receive in that time frame will be lost.
Did that make sense to anyone? If not, don't worry about it, just believe that this makes me nervous. I rely on the computer to hold so much of my life, from recipes (not that I actually cook ) to photos and there are emails that I save for various reasons. I won't even mention hubby's saved emails. Yikes! I plan to back up everything today and see if any emails should be printed for safe keeping.

I fully expect this little guy, a month away from turning 2, will be able to handle all of our computer issues by the time he is 6 or 7 years old.
Over and out, but hopefully not for long....


Well heck....the computer guy just contacted me to see if we can do this tomorrow night instead. That is ok, it means I can pay attention to Superbowl commercials tonight.

x_3c0f18ee

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Good luck with the transition.

Chatty Crone said...

He probably knows more than we do already. sandie

Debbie said...

Laughing at Sandie's comment. I agree. He probably already knows more than I do.

I hope all goes swimmingly! (I don't know what swimmingly means, but every once in a while, I feel like using the word...)