Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Revisit the 50's and 60's

Last month I posted an old menu from Woolworth's here and enjoyed a brief glimpse at what used to be. Today someone shared this link with me. Click on the records to visit the Old Forty Fives web page. Once there, pick a banner to click and watch a flash movie that pays homage to the 50's or 60's. There is even a new one for the 1970's.


If you are too young to remember anything from those decades, you will still recognize most of the music and some of the TV, thanks to oldies stations and cable TV.

If we could have the technology of today with the innocence and safety of the past, I think we'd have a perfect world.

Thanks to my blog buddies and other internet pals, it is a pretty remarkable place.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the music from the 50s. When I hear it I am immediately transported back to my high school days and the few years following. I graduated in '54.
Thanks for the memories.
Charlotte

Shirl said...

Hello, I"m still making my Blue Monday visits. Cute blue post. Love this 50's music! We went to an antique car show on Sunday and they were playing this music.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage