We were at the cottage for an extended weekend. I had two knitting projects with me, plus yarn for a third. One project is a shawl called Cameo (thank you Rudee for that recommendation!) that I hope to show you soon. It is so dark and gloomy today, taking a photo wouldn't show you much of anything, certainly not the true denim color of the yarn. Another project is a baby sweater, a simple Debbie Bliss pattern that uses worsted weight yarn. When my sons and nieces were babies, a much lighter weight yarn was the norm in baby sweaters. I am making this for a woman who works in my doctor's office who is having her first. I wanted something that looked more "today" style-wise, but also practical in wash-ability. I don't know her well enough to know if special care instructions would turn her off or not be read and the sweater possibly ruined. Baby and children garments should be easily washable in my opinion.
I was not thrilled with the feel of the knitted back, completed before we left for the weekend, so I brought needles, another yarn and even another pattern with me. I decided to test drive the other yarn and pattern. The suggested size needles didn't result in the dimensions I needed for correct gauge. Odd for me as I knit loose, but the yarn is rather light for worsted weight. I reached for then next size needles, a size 9. Uh oh! I only had one size 9 needle in my Harmony needle roll!
Mindless knitting doesn't mean I shouldn't pay some attention to what I'm doing!!!
Thankfully, it won't be difficult to rip out the knitting and get back on track with that project but you know what...since I've lost interest in it, I'm wondering if I should just rewind all the yarn and use it elsewhere.
On the plus column of successfully completed projects, I did machine quilt two printed panels into a floor/play quilt for Colton. The two panels weren't the same size and one was printed with a portrait orientation, the other landscape.
The "eye spy" side has less red border on one side than the other. Shame on me. I should have added fabric from my stash so that I could have properly centered things.