Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stranger in a strange land

Ok, I'm not really living in a Robert Heinlein novel, but I do feel like I'm in a strange land here on hubby's computer. He doesn't use the same browser. His keyboard feels different (better!) His mouse has a limp (worse!) None of my favorites are bookmarked on his computer. Do I dare start finding them and saving them here?

* Sigh *

He wouldn't do that on mine so I guess I will follow his example.

Meanwhile, I wait for my computer to be exorcized. The tech working on it has contacted Symantec to see if anyone else has my particular set of problems and what they recommend.

Hmmm, maybe in honor of exorcisms, I'll make split pea soup for dinner. I'll spare you the picture of Linda Blair spewing soup in the scene from that 1973 movie. Not only would it gross you out, I'd have to explain to hubby why the photo was saved on his hard drive.

It ain't easy being a stranger in this strange land.

Woefully, aimlessly, pitifully lost without my addiction computer, I remain...

wait....

who am I again?

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I hope it gets fixed quick!

Rudee said...

Though not ordinarily prone to viruses, this week, a malware attack was launched against Macbook users.

Sigh...

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I hope you get your computer back soon. I know what it's like to go without, and frankly, it's frustrating.