Monday, May 23, 2011

Mixed emotions Monday

I have a lot to do in the next three days and am handicapped today and at least tomorrow by not having a car. Our younger son is using mine while he is having some mechanical work done to his. When we set this up last week, I didn't realize how jammed this week was going to become for me. I still would have loaned him my car but my angst would have begun earlier. Maybe it was good to not know in advance how the week would fill up.
I could use hubby's car but I hate driving it. I'll admit to all of you (but not to him) that I am milking this a bit and having him chauffeur me on errands that have to be run today and tomorrow including my hair appointment tomorrow morning. 

We have shopping to do for the cottage including a new bed for us. I am excited about this, but not about setting up the delivery. You'd think the cottage was on Mars when it comes to arranging delivery or service calls.

Wednesday will have me housebound with my grandson while hubby and older son tackle some jobs that for safety's sake definitely don't include the baby's assistance or curiosity.

My desktop computer is still on the sick and ailing list. I'd prefer it to be at the tech's so that I didn't have to look at and see it suffer. Oh wait...that is my reflection I am looking at....I am the one suffering. I am lucky to have other electronics available but at least 3 times a day I think of something on that hard drive that I can't access now. It's driving me crazy and that trip is getting shorter each day!

My knitting is suffering through all of this. I am working on something more challenging than recent projects and my focus isn't fine tuned. I bet I've knit and un-knit a total of 24 rows to get 14 good ones, and each row has over 220 stitches. Odd idea of fun and relaxation for some, eh?

For non-knitters, "frogged" means you've un-knit (sometimes savaged ripped out!) rows of knitting. You rip it, rip it, rip it which sounds like ribbet, ribbet, ribbet, the cry of a frog who may or may not knit.

But on a good note, because I really do prefer to see the good in each day, it is finally warm here in SE Michigan! I am wearing sandals and listening to birds outside my window. They are rather loud for such small creatures, aren't they?

The best smile of my day (so far) came from this picture of my grandson playing in his living room yesterday.
Car? What car? Computer virus? Huh? Knitting problems? Who cares! I'll have my hands on the Prince of Sweetness in 48 hours or less!

Everything is back in perspective now.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Before I got to the picture at the end all I could think was "Knitty is SO going to love being with her cutie patootie all day she will forget the mess."

Priorities - giggle - make the world go round. And he would be at the top of my list too with that smile. What a spectacular pic!

Chatty Crone said...

I love your attitude - you state the unpleasant - get it off your chest - and go in for the positives.

KTW said...

That great big beautiful smile could make anyone forget their problems! :) And go ahead and milk it when it comes to your chauffeur. Not a thing wrong with that. ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

I was having the "No Car Blues" over the winter when my daughter used it for school. I always felt I had so much to do and that I needed it and when she no longer used it, I found I had less and less to do!! Funny...

Your grandson is the perfect anecdote for mixed emotions!!

XO,
Jane

Sewconsult said...

Even though that I know I won't be using my van, there is just something about having it out of the driveway. It's mine, for me when I need it. "Please don't stick out your bottom lip. It only worked when you were 4 and you wanted more to eat out of the bag of chocolate chips! "
Beckie
(MOM to my younger daughter..I would tell her that a little birdie would come and perch on her bottom lip because she had it stuck out so far!