Sunday, May 15, 2011

One word or two?


An elderly couple, who were both widowed, had been going out with each other for a long time. Urged on by their friends, they decided it was finally time to get married.
Before the wedding, they went out to dinner and had a long conversation regarding how their marriage might work. They discussed finances, living arrangements and so on.
Finally, the old gentleman decided it was time to broach the subject of their physical relationship.
"How do you feel about sex?" he asked, rather tentatively.

"I would like it infrequently," she replied.
The old gentleman sat quietly for a moment, adjusted his glasses, leaned over towards her and whispered - "Is that one word or two?"


Isn't it odd that with each birthday I celebrate, the notion of what constitutes "elderly" gets to be a larger number?  I hope that along with health, my husband and I maintain our sense of humor. The smiling faces in each of the photos above are nice, but the laughter expressed in the last one, along with the physical closeness of the couple, really warms my heart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so very, very right my friend.

I once asked my husband if he thought we would be friends in Heaven. He answered, "I hope so. Why to you ask?" To which I answered, "Because one lifetime doesn't seem like enough."

When you love the one you're with, life is just as it should be. Happy Sunday, my friend.

SkippyMom said...

I love this post and you are so right!

Then I read what Jaclyn wrote and cried. So true.

I hope you don't mind Jaclyn but I would like borrow that. :D So sweet. [credit to you of course]

KTW said...

Awwwwww! That's so sweet! :) Love those pics AND the sentiment behind this post. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Sweet and I'll take the laughter one too.