Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!


I don't have rollers in my hair and my pink slippers don't have faces and ears on them, but I am almost that cute.

Most of us are probably wondering how the heck it got to be New Year's Eve already, and if you live where there has bee snow, that mystery is contradicted by the feeling that it has been winter for months already.

My boys are cute (no bias on my part ) but they aren't little and saying cute things any longer, so today I borrow from my two three-year-old great nephews who are cousins born two months apart.

The greater Detroit area had a lot of snow before Christmas, but it was washed away by rain and warm temperatures over the weekend. Without snow and the return of cold temperatures, little boys are stuck playing indoors and sometimes driving their parents crazy.

Josh has learned to print his name. After printing it many times and showing his dad each and every time, his dad decided to give him a new assignment, that being to draw a picture of a house. Some of you might know that the USA channel ran a marathon of House episodes on both Friday and Sunday. Josh's daddy was a little surprised when Josh presented him with a picture of something with a head, two eyes, a mouth, etc.

"Josh, what IS this?"

"You told me to draw a house. This is Dr. House"

Can't you just see three-year-old eyes rolling as he wondered what the heck had happened to daddy's memory?

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
High winds took out power in many areas Sunday morning, including Alex's house. They were without power until Monday evening. When Alex woke up Monday morning, he asked his mommy if the power had come back. When she told him no, he was very excited.

"Yippee! We get to use flashlights again!"

We all need a bit of three-year-old in us, don't you think?
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

If anyone has marriageable daughters, granddaughters, nieces, sisters or selves in an age range for my 28 and 30 year old sons, please contact me at KnittyNeedsSomeGrandkids.com

3 comments:

andrea said...

I don't have a child old enogh to be married off yet, but I have a 6 year old that loves playdates and playing all types of games...let me know if you want to borrow her :)

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

My daughter is newly divorced but she already has 4 children & isn't having any more. I guess we could always share! ;o)

Hope you had a wonderful new year Knitty!

bj said...

What a precious posting...I love your cute and playful personality and, by golly, if I find any unattached gals that age, I will be contacting you right away...cause...
EVERYONE NEEDS GRANDCHILDREN !!!
xo bj