Monday, December 15, 2008

Love is Blue

I loved this song at one time. It was "our song" with my high school boyfriend.



I should have picked up on it being a sad song and indicative of how that that relationship was going to turn out. Oh well, most of us had to have some less than ideal experiences to learn about ourselves and what we want, need and will accept in future relationships.

I'd like to say I was smart, learned well and set forth with confidence when I met my husband a few years later at the ripe old age of 19, but really I was just lucky. My guardian angel knew what he/she was doing and prodded me to go out with my friends that night many years ago.

On Christmas Eve, my engagement ring will be 36 years old. The blues that I have known all these years have my favorite blues, not the "blue" of that earlier sad song.

Check out Smiling Sally's blog for other Blue Monday posts.

Oh, I meant to tell you where I find my favorite daily dose of blue. It is my husband's eyes.

8 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Ah, you romantic you: "your husband's eyes." I do love that Blue song. I love those blue hearts too. That'd make a pretty button for Blue Monday.

You did not make a Permalink; people might not be able to get to this after today. See rule #3.

Anonymous said...

Oh how very sweet this post is! 36 years congratulations. We just celebrated our 34th.
Blessings on many more years together...

Anonymous said...

I remember when this song was soooo popular. I loved it then and still do. This is a lovely blue post.
Happy Blue Monday.
Charlotte

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a touching, romantic post! Loved your closing line!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I remember that song. I am glad you found the right guy.

Grandma Faith said...

Beautiful music!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Our posts today have a similar feel to them! I like your blog. I'll be back. ;)
Donna

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet post. Happy late Blue Monday and have a lovely week.