Sunday, August 31, 2008

Harmony Kntting Needles

After all the years I've been knitting, I have needles in most sizes, and in both 10" and 14" lengths as well as many circular lengths. I have multiples in sizes that I use most often because sometimes I have more than one project going, and because I went from Susan Bates aluminum needles in the early years to Quick Silver needles to various brands of bamboo needles.

With all of these needles around me, why am lusting for new needles? Because Harmony needles feel so wonderful and look pretty too!

My first experience with this brand was a short circular needle. Hubby couldn't believe I didn't have a size that I absolutely needed, but with a garage full of tools, he understands the importance of the right tool in the right length even if eye appeal doesn't apply to wrenches and hammers.

I felt justified in the switch from metal to bamboo and other wooden needles because knitting didn't accidentally slip off wooden needles. So why, at a time in my life when I am trying to down size my craft addictions (ha!) am I wanting a pair of these in every size? Aren't they just wooden needles too? Well yes, they are, but they are so smooth (make that smoooooooth) that they combine the slickness of stitches moving along on aluminum needles, yet not so much that they slide off which drew me to the bamboo ones.

*sigh*

When I die, do you think my sons will look at all these needles and think "so that is where our inheritance went"?
Nah...they'll have to get through all the fabric, yarn, paint, card stock, rubber stamps, embroidery floss, and books first. By the time they reach the needles, they'll be numb.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL! Those are some cool looking needles. I never did learn how to knit. I crochet.
Anyway, I wanted to let you know that you can use my giraffe picture if you want. Email me and I'll send it to you. Mom2My6Pack@aol.com
:)

Nettie said...

Oh they are wonderful looking knitting needles. I've got quite a few knitting needles myself...as I do just about every craft item that exists...hahaha...but I've only got plastic or metal ones.
At least with ALL my crafting stuff...my youngest daughter, who also loves to craft is pretty much assured of "inheriting" it all one day.
NettieP

Linda said...

They look like wonderful wooden knitting needles. I've always used the metal needles with the odd plastic tossed in. I'm not a fan of plastic, in fact I just put up a little survey on my blog to see what others prefer. My daughter uses bamboo needles and I think it might be time for me to switch to wood or bamboo too.
Come by and visit The Crafty Side