Saturday, August 28, 2010

Works in progress


One project at a time never seems to be the norm any more.

I am working on the second sock of a pair for myself. The sock pattern is Van Dyke from Wendy Johnson's Toe-Up Socks for Everybody, the yarn is Happy Feet DK by Plymouth Yarn. The first photo shows the completed sock while the second is still on two circular needles, my favorite way to knit socks. The second is a more accurate showing of the yarn's colors.
The pattern isn't difficult, but it does require me to keep track of where I am in the pattern repeat. My "mindless" knitting project is a child's size 2 sweater done in dark denim with a light blue trim.
It is identical to the one I finished a few months ago in denim and red for a shower gift.
Speaking of showers, I am cross stitching a wedding sampler for my son and daughter-in-law. I've made a lot of progress today, even more from when I took this photo this afternoon. The bare spots in the border are now filled in with a lighter peachy pink. The words "Happily Ever After" will be added in an outline stitch over the word LOVE and below in simple straight stitch lettering will be their names and wedding date.
I had hoped to make a few more things before the shower next month, but I don't know if that is a realistic goal. I guess I could start the items, and if they're not done, they could become Christmas gifts.

Or I could give up sleep.

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You are one talented lady all right - all your projects are wonderful - can't help you with getting them done though - you go girl. sandie

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I really like that sock yarn. I noticed Hobby Lobby has tons of sock yarn on sale -- it's really pretty, too, such pretty color combos.