Monday, June 21, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

Do you find yourself asking that question every Monday? How about asking where the week went every Friday night?

In my quest to be organized, I wished a good friend Happy Anniversary on Saturday, proud that I looked at the calendar and remembered. Only problem was that I didn't read my own writing very well. It was her birthday, not her anniversary. Photobucket Maybe I can convince her that I am just really, really early getting anniversary wishes out to her!

Saturday was going to be a simple (ha!) day of catching up on housework. It didn't go that way for many reasons, most of them happy ones, but none as happy as having visiting royalty. The Prince of Sweetness came here with his father, Lord of the Lions (my son is inexplicably a huge fan of the Detroit Lions) to help grandpa (King of the Greens, both golf and our grass) trim our trees. It was hot and humid on Saturday so I wasn't setting foot outside to work up an unladylike sweat. It just wouldn't be regal. Instead I spread out a quilt and engaged the Prince in conversation.
He may not say much yet, but he is a good listener.

Later in the day, I worked on decorating a box for wedding envelopes. It didn't need to be done this weekend since the wedding isn't until October, but it was a reason to sit down instead of scrubbing a bath tub. (I'll get to that by Friday. One of the Fridays of summer.) The Lucite box is in good working order except for a crack on the back near one of the hinges. It didn't affect the structure, it just needed to be disguised. The stickers are from a company called Me and My Big Ideas, and were on sale at Joann's last week. I spent a little over $11 on them. The stickers have a plasticky feel, but look nice as they are a little puffy.
I would like to say that I am off to do something productive now, but today is the first day of summer and worthy of celebrating, don't you agree?

Iced tea, anyone? Photobucket

5 comments:

betty said...

that box is very cute!! you are talented! I love your little Prince of Sweetness! He does look like he is a good listener!! the days do seem to fly,don't they? we'll blink and it will be Labor Day! enjoy your lazy summer days!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Your grandson is adorable - and you are busy - busy with fun - the way life should be lived. sandie

Anonymous said...

Your grandson is absolutely adorable ♥ He's so precious in his little prince hat.... What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon :>)

Sewconsult said...

Cute baby prince & cute idea for the wedding. Not sure what the little guy will say about the lavender crown when he is 14!
Beckie

Anonymous said...

Your little Prince is adorable. I like the wedding box, too. I'm starting to pay attention to stuff like that. My youngest is engaged with a ring but not a date yet.