Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nothing better than feeling good!

Perhaps this should read "Nothing better than feeling well" but James Brown is somewhere singing "I Feel Good" and I am singing along.
singing Pictures, Images and Photos
I was derailed yesterday with a sinus headache for most of the day. Not enough to render me nonfunctional, but I certainly didn't function efficiently or exuberantly. Dust bunnies snickered and had a field day. Leftovers languished in the refrigerator. Unfinished projects sighed and mumbled about another day gone to hell in a hand basket, and griped because the basket isn't done yet either. Good thing I didn't really see or hear most of this. I spent much of the day on the couch with a heat rice sock on my head doing this:
sleep on couch Pictures, Images and Photos

Between naps, when the headache eased enough that reading wasn't painful, I finished Jeanne Ray's book Eat Cake (click here for reviews at Amazon) and also Vinegar, Duct Tape, Milk Jugs and More by Earl Proulx and the editors of Yankee Magazine.  (Amazon link here)  The first book is a light novel that fit my mood the past few days. I still have no word on when my computer will be repaired and returned. Light reading where everything works out in the end was just what I needed. The second book is full of helpful hints but is just old enough that a few things are outdated. For instance, saving 8 oz yogurt cups for a particular hint doesn't work since most yogurt is packaged in 6 oz sizes now. It was a fun book to skim through even though I know I won't put most of the ideas to use.

Books are great friends. Some challenge, some comfort, some inspire and once in a while, one is only a paperweight, but that still serves a purpose.  I love books.
 Books Book Library Bibliophile Reading Read Smiley Smilie Emoticon Animated Animation Gif Pictures, Images and Photos
I hope all who stop by today are having a great day. C'mon and join me singing!
singing Pictures, Images and Photos Singing Pictures, Images and Photos Karaoke Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better. I have been sneezing my head off today. I did battle with the vacuum cleaner yesterday. By the time I took it apart, there was more dust in the air than I sucked up!
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Chatty Crone said...

Hope you are feeling better - I am coughin and sneezing my head off too!

Sandie