Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Celebrations

Are you ready to plan your April celebrations? Don't forget these special days!
Since today is already April 3rd, I am skipping April Fool's Day and Good Friday. Today is Tweed Day

I'm sure most of us, Christian or not, don't need a reminder that tomorrow, April 4th, is Easter.
April 7 is No Housework Day (sounds like a great idea to me!)
April 9 is National Cherish An Antique Day (and no, it isn't my birthday...I'm not truly antique yet!)
April 12 is Licorice Day.  I prefer chocolate so someone can have my share.
April 15 is Income Tax Day (as if we need a reminder of this!)
April 16 is Get To Know Your Customer Day
April 17 is Blah, Blah, Blah! Day (anyone hearing Kesha singing in your head right now?)
Photobucket
April 21 is Administrative Professional's Day. I was one for a long time. I still am one within our home.
April 22 is Earth Day, the 40th anniversary of this day meant to bring awareness of caring for our planet.
April 23 is Arbor Day. Let's go hug a tree. 
April 25 is Red Hat Society Day
April 26 is National Pretzel Day
April 28 is Kiss Your Mate Day
April 29 is National Dance Day. Please don't participate if you dance like Elaine Benes. That is my job. 
Photobucket

The month of April is National Donate Life Month, National Garden Month, and Keep America Beautiful Month.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
The birth flower for April is the daisy and the birth stone is the diamond.
Photobucket Photobucket

Whatever you decide to celebrate this month, I hope you experience joy and kindness each and every day.

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Knitty! You have such a great sense of humor. This post really makes me laugh!!

Wishing you a wonderful Easter!

xoxo
Jane

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Knitty, if you ever hear about a national Donkey Day, please rush to my bloggie and let me know!

I'm going to ask my husband to rush out and buy me a cake for Tweed Day. Tweed icing would be most acceptable on it.

Happy Easter!

Chatty Crone said...

This was really adorable - I had no idea April had so many celebrations!

Have a blessed Easter,
Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hi Knitty, I just love when you write these monthly posts. I always learn new things here. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter. I just know you did. Even though your grandson is tiny grandchildren add so much joy to our holidays don't they. I hope you have a great day. Thank you so much for your comments about Charli. She seems to be on the mend ♥