Friday, February 26, 2010

What is gray, white and cute (besides me!)?

Q: How do elephants communicate?
A: They talk on the elephone.
 
Q: Who weighs 6000 pounds and wears glass slippers?
A: Cinderelephant
 
Q: Wha't big and grey and can fly straight up?
A: An elecopter.
 
Q: What do elephants do for entertainment?
A: Watch elevision.

Q: Why did I knit the creature shown below? 
A: Ele if I know! 

This lovely pachyderm is named Eloise. She is make of Tahki Yarn's "New Tweed", color # 60. The yarn is part Merino wool, part silk and part viscose. The pattern is from the book Knitted Toy Tales previously mentioned here.
Eloise is an experienced and efficient traveler. She can go anywhere with only one trunk!
 
Like many females, she does have a concern about knits and wonders if this yarn makes her butt look big.
 
I think she is cute even though I am a bit biased. The white inside her ears and at the bottom of her legs is wool felt.  
We've had a snowy day here in my part of Michigan and I didn't venture out to the post office to mail a surprise package to a friend. Once she receives her surprise (sometime next week) I will show you another knitted creature and the story behind the project. Until then, I think I am done knitting animals for a bit. Maybe. Unless the yarn for the rabbit really really really wants to be knitted this weekend. 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I LOVE Eloise!! And what a funny post!!

xoxo
Jane

Sewconsult said...

Ello! I think she is as cute as can be.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

KTW said...

I LOVE IT!!! :) Eloise is adorable and you can tell her for me that her butt looks just right!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

You made a perfectly precious pachyderm! She's a cutie.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love it ♥ You are really talented to be able to make something like this.