Friday, February 19, 2010

Hoodie Hoo Day!

Tomorrow, February 20th is a very important day for everyone in the northern hemisphere. It is Hoodie Hoo Day!
What? You don't know about Hoodie Hoo Day??

February 20th, at Noon in whatever time zone you are in, it is TIME to go outside, wave your hands over your heads and yell
Hoodie Hoo!   Hoodie Hoo!   Hoodie Hoo!
Why is this done? To chase away winter and tell spring to hurry up and get here!

We want to get out of our houses! We are sick with cabin fever! We want to see sun and feel it on our sunscreen protected skin!
If you are in northern hemisphere but happen to live in a warm, sunny state, I beg of you, please do this for your cold, northern sisters!

Thank you all. I will see you tomorrow as soon as I locate my long underwear and find my mittens.

7 comments:

LemonyRenee' said...

LOL, I had never heard of this, but I just might be desperate enough this year to try it.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

LOL Normally I'm in a warm climate this time of year but we've had record snowfalls thsi year...w/ a chance of snow again next week.

Just stopping in to see how you're doing Knitty...getting close to D-Day isn't it? ;o)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this either but I will do anything it takes to ensure spring is on it's way :>)

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

HOODIE HOO!

[I'm practicing]

Chatty Crone said...

Come visit my blog for a little 'sunshine' today. sandie

Carol............. said...

We've been in Arizona since November and it's been cold in this part of the state all along. Wind, rain, bbbrrrrrr!

It's actually warmer in Washington State today!

Come on Spring........and Hoodie Hoo!!!!!

Meredith said...

Sharing--thank you! A village near us always celebrates this day; hope it works!