Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rabbit! Rabbit!

Is anyone else familiar with the superstition of saying Rabbit! Rabbit! on the first day of the month?
Wikipedia explains the superstition and its variations. I don't say Rabbit! Rabbit! because I seriously think it will bring me good luck. I do it for fun. Former neighbors of my sister-in-law introduced us to this idea.

With all that needs to be accomplished this month, a little extra luck would surely be appreciated so maybe I am just a wee bit superstitious and hopeful. Photobucket

One thing for certain, if I was a snowperson and saw a rabbit with a hair dryer (or would that be a hare dryer?), I would be polite and gracious. I value my flakes. Photobucket

7 comments:

KTW said...

I've never heard of saying 'Rabbit! Rabbit!" but that is one of the funniest little cartoons I've ever seen! :) Thanks for the giggle this morning!

Sewconsult said...

That's a new one for me. I'll say it as many times as possible if it will give me more smooth sailing into Christmas. I, too, like the cartoon.
Beckie

LemonyRenee' said...

LOL, hysterical cartoon! We used to say "Rabbit, Rabbit" -- got it from my husband's mother until one time I shared the idea with a co-worker. Suffice it to say, she had a horrible day and looked at me and said, "Thanks a lot! I don't think I'll be saying 'rabbit, rabbit' ever again!" Whoops.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Thanks for the reminder! Rabbit Rabbit!!!

It's better than carrying one of their poor feet around...maybe the rabbits invented the idea?

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! I love that cartoon.

Blondie's Journal said...

Never hear of the superstition but Rabbit Rabbit has now been said!! Your cartoon is hysterical! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Chatty Crone said...

However you say it - he's cute in that Santa hat!