Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little Lamb Sweater

It is Friday and I can say Ta-dah!

I finished this sweater, called a Little Lamb sweater because of the lamb ears on the hood.
This was a kit sold at the yarn shop where I go for knitting sessions. The yarn is an off white/beige cotton. The buttons and painted white, gray and tan in a plaid design.

Now that this is done, I will go back to working on the baby blanket, possibly a christening blanket. I will be flying to SC next week and have decided not to take it with me. Since the TSA leak, I am concerned that security will be heightened and they may revert to not allowing knitting needles on the plane. I'm not taking a chance packing it either. I've never lost anything while flying, but if I did, it probably wouldn't be my Reeboks that need replacing anyway, it would be something I've been working on for months.

Please visit Lit and Laundry and Get R Done Friday by clicking on their logos and see who else has finished something this week that they'd like to share.


Barbara Jean said...

This is so cute!!

Just the picture made me smile, and reminds me of the puppet lady a few years ago.
You know who i mean? Maybe Shirley or Sherry something? She had a little lamby puppet.


barbara jean

Oh. Maybe better go see how old you are. Maybe too young to know hat i am talking about.

Knitty said...

I am plenty old enough to remember Shari Lewis! Her main puppets were Lamb Chop and Charlie Horse. Thanks for the memory!

Kelli said...

I remember Shari Lewis, too! :)
Love that little sweater, Knitty. So cute! And you're so talented!

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for participating again this week - that sweater is sooo cute! It does remind me of Lambchops!!! Sherry Lewis was one of my favorites, as I loved Lambchops!! Especially the voice she used for her - it went with the lamby!

Threeundertwo said...

So cute!! What a darling pattern. I'd be scared to lose a big project on a flight too.

I remember Shari Lewis! I used to love her.

ocmist said...

Lamb Chop and Hush Puppy... Old Friends! I loved the Sheri Lewis Show, too, and just recently I found my "Little Red Spinning Wheel" in the top of my mom's OLD closet that no one looks in, and when I went online to find out how to use it, there was a YouTube clip on an old commercial showing her teaching how to use the Spinning Wheel, so now I can use it! Cool, huh!

That is a lot of work and it really came out looking so cute! Glad I got a chance to find out about it from Monica's Git R Done Fridays Meme!

Angela said...

I'm sure who ever it is that you are giving your little lamb sweater to will Treasure it forever! That truly is a keepsake!

Get R Done Friday!

Chatty Crone said...

So cute - I agree - if you don't want to lose it - don't take it with you!

The Urban Chic said...

Knit, catching up on your blog and that little sweater is just too adorable..Reading what everyone said about Shari and Lambchop, I went to Goodwill and there was a Lambchop puppet and I didn't get it. I wanted to, so my granddaughter would read about her. What wonderful memories, especially when Lambchop would hug Shari---oh those were the days. Love and Hugs, Pat

LemonyRenee' said...

That is positively precious!