Since my brain needs some exercise this morning (not to mention the rest of me!), I thought I would play along. Thinking and writing appears to be difficult this morning, as seen by this smiley.
Here is my list of ten:
- Both my father and father-in-law were named Charles. Our oldest son is Charles William, after both granddads and my husband. Our second son is William Jr. This confuses many people.
- I remember obscure facts yet can never remember what the balance is in the checking account without looking.
- Despite never remembering a balance, saving and checking accounts have to reconcile to the penny or I won't rest until they do. Rarely is that a problem. (whew!)
- I designed a logo for a youth baseball league that is still being used 20 years later.
- I've ridden in the Goodyear blimp.
- Over a few years time, I've met 16 internet friends face to face. My farthest travels for these meets have been to Washington State and Florida while my husband was working in those states. I've driven to Niagara, Ontario on my own to meet two posters, and with another woman from Michigan, we picked up internet buddies in Ohio and NY and went to visit a fifth friend in Newport, RI.
- As a member of the audience on a local TV talk show, I asked a question to get on camera so my kids could see me. I did that on two separate occasions. What a ham!
- My uncle is in the Guiness Book of Records twice. Once for being the oldest American to have a hole-in-one, and two years later for being the oldest person anywhere with that distinction. Harold Stilson was 99 for the first record, 101 for the second.
- I don't have any athletic aptitude (those of you who know me personally, stop laughing!). I signed up for 6 golf lessons once and tried to quit after the second lesson. The instructor wouldn't hear of it. Until the third lesson. He told me I could stay home after that.
- I was painfully shy as a child. I have no idea where that person went!
If I were to add an 11th item to the list, it would be that I love graphics. Since there are only 10 though, I will just say goodbye for now.