Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My pretend vacation

When you're retired, you're on vacation all the time.

Ha!  I thought that once upon a time, a long time ago. Mind you, I'm not complaining as I really do like our life these days, but free time still seems elusive and yet all the days of the week can feel the same so the concept of a weekend is often lost.

I wanted to clear out a folder of photos I had saved from a site called Perfectly Timed Photos. I'm not providing the link, but you can find it if you Google that name. Not all photos are for polite company but many are amusing and some are amazing.

Before I disappear from Blogland for a few days, I thought I'd present my pretend vacation photo journal.

Day 1:  Air travel is just not as enjoyable as it once was. Waiting to board, I found myself hoping that I wouldn't be seated next to this lady because frankly, her breath was like a dog's.
Day 2: Sight seeing is always fun. I thought I looked quite fetching this day but hubby thought perhaps I was showing too much cleavage. (anyone who knows me personally is laughing their heinies off at this!) Apparently he was right as I certainly distracted the bicyclist. Ouch! That had to hurt!
Day 3: When people yell "Heads up!" don't you think they really mean "Duck!" ?  I really hope the man in the green shirt was ok. Look at the others though...isn't it amazing that people pay to attend a sporting event and don't seem to be paying attention? Or pay attention as the man in black seems to be doing, but don't react?
Day 4: On this day we heard a motivational speaker. Her story was so uplifting! It was as if she were floating....
Day 5: That hubby of mine is such a kidder! He is forever putting on his shark fin hat and swimming under water to scare me. I felt him tickle my webbed feet but vowed not to react. He later told him it wasn't him, that he wasn't even in the water. Hmmmmm.....
Day 6: We returned home by bus and had those odd seats that faced the rear, meaning we sat facing strangers. A perfect stranger according to hubby because this woman was a very s-l-o-w reader.
If you are taking a vacation any time soon, I hope none of your vacation photos resemble these!

Happy summer, everyone!



5 comments:

Sewconsult said...

I don't where you find these pictures, but they are hilarious! Have a nice time away from the computer. I will be here when you get back. I have to attack the sewing room this week. Last night I clean off half of my computer/sewing L-shaped desk. The phone rang and distracted me, so I have to start again after I attack the bills. I seem to be in attack mode!
Beckie

Rudee said...

Enjoy your pretend vacation.

Changes in the wind said...

Too cute...

Debbie said...

I love stuff like this! The last one is my favorite.

Chatty Crone said...

Very nice (lol) vacation. sandie