Sunday, January 2, 2011

A problem solved

The year is off to a good start and I am doing the happy dance!
Photobucket
I bought a set of 7 circular mirrors at Target to hang in my downstairs bathroom. The problem was how to hang them? The room is small and if something on the wall sticks out too much, it could easily be knocked off. This is what the hanger on the back of the mirror looked like:
The typical hanger made the mirror stick out too far and just using a nail was too precarious. What to do? Use a needle, thread, ribbon and plastic rings!
 
Feel free to imagine that these are snowballs while my snowflake and snowmen shower curtain is in place. At the end of January my new curtain will go up. It is red with white polka dots. I think I'll add small red ribbons, maybe bows, to the white rings to bring a bit more red into a very white bathroom. Ribbons are an easy addition that doesn't cause hubby angst the way red paint does!

3 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

I think you were very cleaver indeed:)

Chatty Crone said...

Happy New Year - you are a great decorator there too!

sandie

The Urban Chic said...

Happy New Year Knit. The mirrors look great and you are so clever to come up with that idea. Hope your year is filled with new ideas and a healthy and wealthy one. Love and hugs, Pat
ps. I sure do miss our group of crafters. I don't craft too much anymore without having the swaps. They were always fun and I still have everything from every swap. Hugs, Pat