Thursday, May 15, 2014

More Cards!

I've had a lot of fun the past two days making cards after watching online tutorials.

The first card is explained in detail here by Stacey at Scrapbooking Simple. I used the same supplies Stacey used, ordered from her store. I haven't seen the stickers in stores near me, but liked them so much, I will be ordering more and looking for them locally.

I won't describe in the detail that Stacey does because she covers it so well in her YouTube demo and I don't want to step on any copyright toes, should that be a factor.

Materials used were

Sookwang tape
Elizabeth Craft Designs peel off (vinyl) sticker  #2559
Elizabeth Craft Designs silk microfine glitter
Zig Brushables markers

This was super easy and I think the result is stunning. The YouTube video is long, but please consider watching the part that explains how to accomplish this. She begins explaining how to use the products at the 7:30 mark, and gets into how to add glitter and then color at 12:00.


I cut this oval free handed, than added it cardstock cut with Nestabililities Labels Four S4-190 Die. The green paper was a scrap, cut on the long sides with a Martha Stewart punch.


The photos don't do this justice. The colors and sparkle (without screaming GLITTER) are beautiful.




The next card is my first slider. I followed this  Slider card tutorial . I think the only dimension that Julie doesn't give is for the strip of paper on the front that covers the slider opening. I cut mine (the print on white background at the bottom) roughly 1 3/4" x 6". The only change from her instructions is that I oriented my slider to go to the right instead of left.



I used the same paper to hide the working part of the slider on the inside. All I have left is to decide on an inside greeting.


This was a little bit of work but not difficult. I know the recipient will be happy with it which is all that matters. That and the fun I had making it.

I will definitely use both of these techniques again.

No comments: