Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I'd like to know.....

Ah! Sweet mystery of life
At last I've found thee
Ah! I know at last the secret of it all!
Yeah, right.
That bit of lyric if from Thoroughly Modern Millie and is about love. I have nothing against love, and yes, falling in love is a very sweet mystery. I just don't know if it is the mystery of life.
 
I'd like to know where time goes. How is the second week of June already?
 
I'd like to know why there is a three degree difference between the temperature and humidity feeling warm and humid to chilly and damp. Ever had your legs too hot in jeans and your exposed arms and feet cold at the same time?
 
 
I'd like to know if there will ever be balance in my electrical life again. Electrical life? You know...having your car, appliances and computer all working perfectly at the same time, leaving you free to tackle the larger issues like world peace.
I'd like to know why a pattern company would print the charted design for a knitting pattern in print so tiny (I'm talking really, really tiny squares with hieroglyphics within those tiny squares) that even with my glasses and a magnifying glass, I'm ready to utter unladylike curses. I could scan the pattern, enlarge it and print it but that would require the electronics in my life to be working properly.
(Not the chart I am using, just an example)
I'd like to know why I find these two thoughts so darned funny when they are so entirely true:

The irony of life is that by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere.

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

I leave you to ponder all of this and more, hopefully with a smile or two thrown into your day. Maybe this answering message will make you make you happy. I'm considering using it....if I can find the manual to tell me how to reset the preprogrammed message!

Answering machine message, "I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call. I am making some changes in my life. Please leave a message after the beep. If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes."

2 comments:

Rudee said...

Here is my solution to the chart problem: Take the pattern to Office Depot and enlarge it 100% in color. If it's still too small, enlarge the enlargement until you get what you need. It works. Don't go to fed ex. They're snotty about enlarging patterns that may be copyright protected. THe thing is, if it's for personal use, enlargement is allowed and most books and patterns state that's OK.

I didn't do that with Aeolian, but wish I had. Office Depot is a half mile from my house, so I can only blame sloth for the fact that I never made it up there. It was a struggle.

Knitty said...

I agree about FedEx and never thought of going to Office Depot. Duh!!