Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another stocking done, finally

I have used the basic pattern for this Christmas stocking many, many times over the past 20 years. The only thing different this time was the chart for the design which worked down into the foot of the stocking. Until this design, the charted pattern always ended above the heel and instep. Whether it was a mental block on my part of poorly written directions, I still haven't decided. At least two other knitters in my group were confused so I took comfort in not feeling alone. 
Photobucket  Photobucket
Colton's name will be added above the snowman's hat on the front and then the stocking will be steamed to smooth out the lumps and bumps.

Now if only the shopping, wrapping and some baking were done....

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Very nice, Knitty!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

I love this! You are so talented!!! Merry Christmas!

Jaclyn

Chatty Crone said...

Those are so cute. Awesome. sandie