Monday, November 9, 2009

The 10th Thankful post

Another day at work that turned out to be longer than I had expected. How can the time spent there be doubled and the progress still look minimal? Someone is messing with me, right? Am I on Candid Camera?

Coming home and checking my email reminded me that I am thankful for art. How you define it, what speaks to you, what response art evokes is all personal and varies among us. Art may inspire, comfort, agitate or delight.

I enjoy a completed work of art. I enjoy creating my own art. I also enjoy the process of creation, an art in its own right.

This clip shows Kseniya Simonova, a Ukrainian artist who recently won the "Ukraine's Got Talent" competition. She uses a giant light box, dramatic music, imagination and "sand painting" skills to interpret the invasion and occupation of her country from 1941-1945.

I am amazed at what she was able to portray with sand and her talented hands. I hope you find this interesting.

2 comments:

♥Mimi♥ said...

Art is such a blessing for us, isn't it? It can soothe us when we are sad or uplift us when we have the need to sing. It can express for us what mere words cannot to justice. Thank you so much for reminding me that art is a blessing I shouldn't overlook.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What an incredible artist. Thank you for posting that video.